[Glass] (Not Yet) Getting Started With GLASS

Sean P. DeNigris via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Aug 4 14:39:58 PDT 2015

Following
https://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/GettingStartedWithGLASS#Define_GemTools_Session
, I did:
$ ./installGemstone.sh 3.1.0.1
$ source /opt/gemstone/product/seaside/defSeaside
$ startnet
$ startGemstone
$ gslist -lcv
The last of which reported: OK, OK, OK
But then:
$
/opt/gemstone/GemStone64Bit3.1.0.1-i386.Darwin/seaside/bin/startSeaside_Hyper
50081
fell over with an error, "undefined symbol", reported in a 2010 ML thread
[1], which recommended "Gofer project load: 'Seaside28'". Unfortunately, I'm
too ignorant to know what that means :/ I tried to evaluate it in the
GemTools image, but "Gofer class DNU #project".

[1] http://forum.world.st/Error-while-starting-Hyper-td2549495.html

-----
Cheers,
Sean