[Glass] (Not Yet) Getting Started With GLASS

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Aug 5 15:18:53 PDT 2015

On 08/05/2015 01:48 PM, Sean P. DeNigris via Glass wrote:
> GLASS mailing list wrote
>> the most
>> "GLASSed" person from GemStone is Dale and from what I read he is having
>> some time out internet
> Ah okay, I can wait a bit for his return.
Well, I'm back ...

GsDevKitHome is an attempt to consolidate the documentation in one
place. Unfortunately my forte is not writing documentation  (which is
how we ended up documentation strewn willy nilly around the net in the
first place:), so it's been a slow slog for me ...

Since you are just getting started with GsDevKit and tODE, perhaps you'd
be interested in taking the "soon to be released" version of
gsDevKitHome? Functionally, the new version is in very good shape
(except for documentation) and I've included a number of new features
that I think should make learning tODE easier and your questions and
comments will hep me (and Lisa) focus our efforts on the bits of
documentation that need the most help ...

> GLASS mailing list wrote
>> my family "started to grow more than 2"  and so I don't
>> have much time ;)
> Congrats! I didn't know that. My family grew more than 1 in February ha ha
Congratulations ... my family also grew be more than 1 this year, but
the growth came as grand children:)

> GLASS mailing list wrote
>> https://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2014/12/14/what-is-gemstone/ and
>> https://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/what-is-gemstone-part-2/
> Those were helpful. Thanks!
>

> GLASS mailing list wrote
>> Let us know if you are still hitting that problem following that guide.
> I will! I asked a few questions at
> http://forum.world.st/Using-devKit-tp4841078.html . Is it better to post
> tODE questions to this list or the GemStone/S list?

Right now I think it would be best to use this list for tODE
questions/comments. For interactive help, I have a tODE chat room on
gitter[1].

If you are interested in using the "soon to be released" version[2],
follow the directions here[3] since the version of gsDevKitHome and tODE
need to be synchronized ...

Dale

[1] https://gitter.im/dalehenrich/tode
[2] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/tree/dev