[Glass] RcIdentityBag holding deleted objects via instVar "components"?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Aug 26 06:23:41 PDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 3:59 AM, itlists at schrievkrom.de via Glass <

> I just wanted to point out, that I was also not aware of these problems
> and therefore I will add your cleanup code to my code generator.
>
> Thanks for the discussion ... assuming that there are more points like
> this in the Gemstone infrastructure  I am not aware of :-)

Hi Marten,

Are you aware of the rest of the classic clean up code? (monticello cache,
some globals, object log, etc, etc)

Some general related questions:

1) how many gems are you running with zinc server?
2) what are the values of SHR_PAGE_CACHE_SIZE_KB and the
real GEM_TEMPOBJ_CACHE_SIZE those gems get?
3) what is the value of GEM_TEMPOBJ_POMGEN_PRUNE_ON_VOTE ?
4) You said you were doing nothing about GC right? So you need to start
running MFC periodically and optionally a #reclaimAll in order to clean
your repository. Are you doing this?
5) Do you recycle gems periodically? That is, the gems running the Zinc
servers, do they go down and up again periodically?  Note that the code I
pased above about RC classes must be run with all gems down.

Cheers,