[Glass] RcIdentityBag holding deleted objects via instVar "components"?

itlists@schrievkrom.de via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Aug 26 07:16:38 PDT 2015

Am 26.08.2015 um 15:23 schrieb Mariano Martinez Peck:

> Hi Marten,
>
> Are you aware of the rest of the classic clean up code? (monticello
> cache, some globals, object log, etc, etc)
>
> Some general related questions:
>
> 1) how many gems are you running with zinc server?

 Around 10 gems in our first production system - but that may change.
All our REST calls are put into categories named: "normal", "memory" and
"long".

 We have around 6 "normal" GEMs, 2 "memory" GEMs and 2 "long" GEMs.

 Scheduling is done via Apache2

> 2) what are the values of SHR_PAGE_CACHE_SIZE_KB and the
> real GEM_TEMPOBJ_CACHE_SIZE those gems get?

 That depends on the classification of "normal", "memory" and "long" and
might change ...

> 3) what is the value of GEM_TEMPOBJ_POMGEN_PRUNE_ON_VOTE ?

 nothing done with that :-)))

> 4) You said you were doing nothing about GC right? So you need to start
> running MFC periodically

 Yes, I've build in this right now ... after reading it here ...

and optionally a #reclaimAll in order to clean
> your repository. Are you doing this?

I thought, that this done by the admingcgem, reclaimgcgem and symbolgem
tasks.

> 5) Do you recycle gems periodically? That is, the gems running the Zinc
> servers, do they go down and up again periodically?

 Not now .. have to think about how to do it ...

 Note that the code
> I pased above about RC classes must be run with all gems down.

Yes ...

--
Marten Feldtmann