[Glass] Cannot stop Seaside gems anymore

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Dec 21 12:44:01 PST 2015

Mariano,

`kill` works in 10.10.5 (Yosemite) for my Mac ...

Let's try to get a c stack trace. You'll need gdb installed (These are
the instructions for installing Yosemite[1] and should be similar, but
you probably need to check). ONce you're able to use gdb then you want
to attach to your process using root:

     sudo /usr/local/bin/gdb

Then at the prompt:

     attach <pid>
     set confirm off
     set pagination off
     set backtrace limit 0
     thread apply all backtrace

And send the resulting trace ... in the mean time, `kill -9` should be
okay to use on topaz or a gem.

Dale

[1] http://www.patosai.com/blog/post/installing-gdb-on-mac-os-x-yosemite