[Glass] GLASS appliance (VMWare virtual machine) still available?

FrankB via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Feb 9 07:55:50 PST 2015

Hello,

thank you for the answers (though it's not what I had hoped for). Actually,
before posting here I had gone through all available links but they were all
dead-ends.

If I will have to go through this awful hassle of installing it all, then I
will forget about a VM and install it directly on my OpenSuSe machine,
because:
- it' kind of the "German Linux"
- a cousin of mine has been working for them for many years and still knows
many of their staff in Nürnberg
- and they seem to be leading in the corporate arena
- YAST saves me from a lot of this ugly ASCII terminal typing
- it's a shame that this world has not much improved in almost 30 years
since I started working with *nix and selling Xenix, later Unix V based
solutions way back in 1986 !!!

BTW: VW5 runs batches (parsing crawled files) on SuSe about 2,5-3 times
faster compared to Win7 with almost identical hardware.

Greetings
Frank