[Glass] Is there stats about the % used of the SPC?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Feb 10 12:20:45 PST 2015

Mariano,

To monitor your cache usage and whole ton of other GemStone statistics
you will want to run  statmonitor and use VSD[1] to view the stats. To
get started you can read Section 5.4 of the SysAdminGuide[2].

You can look through the `Cache Statistics` section in the VSD manual[1]
to get a feel for the variety of stats available.

After you've run statmonitor and brought vsd up on your stone, I
recommend that you start by using the `Template>New Template
Chart>CacheMix` menu item that brings up a vsd chart with a number of
stats that can be used to understand the health of your SPC ... There
are interactive desccriptions of each of the stats available in vsd, so
you can read a bit about the stats show up in the CacheMix chart .... I
don't recall offhand what stats are there, but it is my usual starting
point for getting a handle on what's up with a stone...

Dale

[1] http://gemtalksystems.com/products/vsd/
[2]
http://downloads.gemtalksystems.com/docs/GemStone64/3.2.x/GS64-SysAdminGuide-3.2.pdf