[Glass] GsDevKit chat room

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Jan 7 14:52:01 PST 2015

I have started a chat room for GsDevKit[1] up on gitter.

I started it a week or so ago, but was not sure if a chat room would
work. I liked the idea of having a single event stream for the GsDevKit
repositories, so I've found that part useful.

Since then I have had a couple of very productive sessions working with
folks via chat and I figure I might as well announce it's availability.

gitter uses your github identity and uses github markdown to format the
messages, so it is very github friendly ...

There are some rough edges with notification but being able to chat in
real time can be very useful and issues can be resolved much easier than
with email ...

I've also created chat rooms for GsApplicationTools[2] and tODE[3] ..
again I'm not sure if project-specific chat rooms are needed or not, but
we can experiment a bit ... I've also got a chat room for my own
projects[4], but that one was created because I like to see the
condensed event stream more than anything else.

Dale

[1] https://gitter.im/GsDevKit/chat
[2] https://gitter.im/GsDevKit/gsApplicationTools
[3] https://gitter.im/dalehenrich/tode