[Glass] Git Bitbucket problematic

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Jan 14 10:05:19 PST 2015

On 01/13/2015 06:21 AM, Dario Trussardi via Glass wrote:
> Dale,
>

>> Dario,
>>
>> It occurs to me that if you are not correctly updating the git
>> repository, then the proper information will not be transmitted to
>> gemstone ...
>>
>> When working in the git repository, you should use `git status`
>> before and after each step, to verify that you have correctly
>> accounted for the removed methods or classes ...
>
>> 1. remove method from class
>
> Into Pharo i remove the DTRCassaComponent flagSetup instance method.
>

>> 2. save package to filetree/git repo
>
> do it with monticello
>
>> 3. in shell sitting in git repo on pharo machine: `git add
>
> submit: git add DTRcassa.package
>
> Now the git status report:
>
> # Changes not staged for commit:
> #   (use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
> #   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working
> directory)
> #
> #deleted:
>    DTRCassa.package/DTRCassaComponent.class/instance/flagSetup.st
Dario, this is the "smoking gun" ... `git rm
DTRCassa.package/DTRCassaComponent.class/instance/flagSetup.st` should
stage the delete for commit ...

When I am working with git, I typically sit in the root directory of the
repository and do a `git add .` and then do `git commit` ... the `git
add .` should stage changes, new files and deleted files for the commit
... you might need to do `git add -A .` in some versions of git ...

But the fact that your removals were not staged definitely explains why
the deletions were not showing up in GemStone ...