[Glass] Lots of seaside objects not being GCed (need gemstone advise)

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Jul 6 08:04:15 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 5:51 AM, Otto Behrens <otto at finworks.biz> wrote:

> Just some ideas...
>
> HTH

Hi Otto,
Thanks. My answers below.

> > WAGemStoneMaintenanceTask maintenanceTaskMarkForCollect performTask: 0.
> > WAGemStoneMaintenanceTask maintenanceTaskExpiration performTask: 0.
>
> These 2 steps should be swapped, I think. First expire and then MFC.

Yes, I swapped them in my script after sending this issue. However...it is
a cosmetic detail since I WAS already running the maintainance vm (which
expires every 1 minutes). So.. the invoke here to
#maintenanceTaskExpiration is actually unnecessary.

> Then, double check the transaction management of the maintenance task.
> Should commit correctly.

Mmmm good idea. I will check the code.

> > System beginTransaction.
>
> Don't need this.

Ups...sorry that should have been "System commitTransaction." to commit
what I did until that.
Otherwise #reclaimAll will fail (warning) telling me it needs to abort
because current transaction needs commit...

> > SystemRepository reclaimAll.
>
> I found that this does not work directly after MFC in same GS session.
> I would log out and back in. Your session may still hold onto the
> objects you're trying to get rid of (although not explicitly).

mmmm that kind of remembers reading issues about it.  Anyway, I just trying
doing it in another session, but still, no luck :(

> > SystemRepository startNewLog.
> > System commitTransaction.
>
> Nothing to do with transactions

Sorry that was part of my cleaning that come into this script hahaha.

Thanks for your ideas...I am still digging a bit...