[Glass] openssl packaged with GS/64

Norm Green via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Jul 8 15:24:57 PDT 2015

Hi Paul,

We include $GEMSTONE/bin/openssl only for convenience. Gemstone
doesn't use it so perhaps we should remove it. In any case, I'm not
sure that this openssl binary loads the libs in $GEMSTONE/lib. It
probably loads whatever is in your path, which brings me to my next
point.  Are you saying the installer adds $GEMSTONE/lib to the path?
I don't think it should be if it is.  Only $GEMSTONE/bin should be in
the path.  If it is not in the path, then we are not overriding the
system SSL libs.

Norm

Sent from my iPad