[Glass] extent0.dbf grows

Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Jul 31 03:37:50 PDT 2015

Ciao,

	i have a deployment system based on GemStone version '3.1.0.6'

	Now i use Gemtools and todeClient to do some works on the repository:  update code,  save repository .....

	When i login with the tools  i note the repository grows significantly,	  and also,	 the relative  full backups grows significantly.

	To reset the system i need to clear the Object Log with the relative clear command  ( ol clear	 in tode )

	After 1 hour ,  because i have active the #WAGemStoneMaintenanceTask

		A) the system 	recovers the free space

		B) the relative full backups become small

	But now i have an extent0.dbf   of   5 991 563 264  	with a freeSpace of 5 267 701 760.

	It is not a very good situation.

	Questions:

		1) what should I do with the tools to not increase the size of the relative extent ?

			I need to operate with the tools  when the seasideGems30 are down ?

		2) to resize the extent i need to do a full backup and restoring into a virgin extent?

		3) there is possibility of directly reducing the extent file ?

	Thanks for any considerations,

		Dario