[Glass] Backup procedure

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Jun 9 09:50:19 PDT 2015

> Ok, it makes sense your analysis. Thanks.
> BTW....if I set 100% and I do not stop/start seaside gems, I am still
> fine not restarting seaside maintenance vm AND i am also find with the
> backup code (besides MFC)? I mean, won't the running seaside gems
> affect at all to the backup? I guess not, but just want to confirm.

Keep in mind that even with 100% setting, references from temp objects
to persistent objects will still count as references to the object and
will vote down the gc ... clearing POM means that the cached values (in
POM) won't count as references...

When the backup runs, it backs up the state of the system from a given
checkpoint (point in time), any changes by running gems that may have
been made while the backups were being written are saved in the tranlogs
so it is definitely safe to run backups while other gems are running.