[Glass] Backup procedure

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Jun 10 11:39:05 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Dale Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> On 06/09/2015 07:13 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

>> Ok, it makes sense your analysis. Thanks.
>> BTW....if I set 100% and I do not stop/start seaside gems, I am still
>> fine not restarting seaside maintenance vm AND i am also find with the
>> backup code (besides MFC)? I mean, won't the running seaside gems affect at
>> all to the backup? I guess not, but just want to confirm.
>>

> Keep in mind that even with 100% setting, references from temp objects to
> persistent objects will still count as references to the object and will
> vote down the gc ... clearing POM means that the cached values (in POM)
> won't count as references...
>
> When the backup runs, it backs up the state of the system from a given
> checkpoint (point in time), any changes by running gems that may have been
> made while the backups were being written are saved in the tranlogs so it
> is definitely safe to run backups while other gems are running.

Thanks Dale.

BTW... I have just changed the MFC part of the script I pasted at the
beginning of the thread. I used to do myself the #markForCollection as you
can see. However, I think the code implemented by WAGemStoneMaintenanceTask
class >> #maintenanceTaskMarkForCollect is much better, because it prints
some results into the ObjectLog. So instead of doing "SystemRepository
markForCollection." I am now doing: "WAGemStoneMaintenanceTask
maintenanceTaskMarkForCollect performTask: 0.".

Cheers,