[Glass] SIXX load conflict

Dario Trussardi via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Mar 5 03:22:37 PST 2015

Ciao,

	i nedd to load SIXX support into   GLASS 3.1.0.6   ( stone created with development kit createTodeStone command ).

> Mariano is correct that `onLock: [:ex | ex honor];` will eliminate the Warning, but I am suspicious that you are not running a recent version of GLASS.
>
> You are getting a Warning during a topaz load (I assume ... in GemTools you would get a Warning dialog). There was a bug[1], where the wrong default action for a Warning was triggered during non-interactive loads and the bug was fixed back in June.
>
> So I think you should upgrade GLASS1:

i follow this :

>   Gofer new
>     package: 'GsUpgrader-Core';
>     url: 'http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/gsUpgrader';
>     load.
>   (Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeGLASS1.

but into Gemtools and into topaz this code answer :

ERROR 4067 , VM temporary object memory is full
, almost out of memory, too many markSweeps since last successful scavenge

I setup  the relative to:
SHR_PAGE_CACHE_SIZE_KB = 2000000;
GEM_TEMPOBJ_CACHE_SIZE = 1900000;

> Finally, when loading from within topaz, you should always use GsDeployer class>>bulkMigrate::

I load this in any case:

> GsDeployer bulkMigrate: [
>   Metacello new
>       baseline: 'SIXX';
>       repository: 'github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository';
>       load ].

after when i do the code: 	SixxExamples example2

	the system answer :

parseXml: xmlStringOrStream persistentRoot: persistentArrayOrNil
	| stream |
	stream := xmlStringOrStream isStream
				ifTrue: [xmlStringOrStream]
				ifFalse: [ReadStream on: xmlStringOrStream].
	^ (XMLDOMParser parseDocumentFrom: stream persistentRoot: persistentArrayOrNil) topElement

Object _doesNotUnderstand:   parseDocumentFrom: persistentRoot:

Some considerations ?

	Thanks,

		Dario