[Glass] SIXX load conflict

Dario Trussardi via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Mar 5 07:25:17 PST 2015

Ciao,

> 	i nedd to load SIXX support into   GLASS 3.1.0.6   ( stone created with development kit createTodeStone command ).
>

>> Mariano is correct that `onLock: [:ex | ex honor];` will eliminate the Warning, but I am suspicious that you are not running a recent version of GLASS.
>>
>> You are getting a Warning during a topaz load (I assume ... in GemTools you would get a Warning dialog). There was a bug[1], where the wrong default action for a Warning was triggered during non-interactive loads and the bug was fixed back in June.
>>
>> So I think you should upgrade GLASS1:
>>

> i follow this :
>
>>   Gofer new
>>     package: 'GsUpgrader-Core';
>>     url: 'http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/gsUpgrader';
>>     load.
>>   (Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeGLASS1.
>
> but into Gemtools and into topaz this code answer :
>
> ERROR 4067 , VM temporary object memory is full
> , almost out of memory, too many markSweeps since last successful scavenge
>
> I setup  the relative to:
> SHR_PAGE_CACHE_SIZE_KB = 2000000;
> GEM_TEMPOBJ_CACHE_SIZE = 1900000;

I load:	  (Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeGLASS1		 with commitThreshold :

	"Enable AlmostOutOfMemory signal"
System signalAlmostOutOfMemoryThreshold: commitThreshold.
[ (Smalltalk at: #GsUpgrader) upgradeGLASS1.]
    ensure: [
        "disable AlmostOutOfMemory signal"
        System signalAlmostOutOfMemoryThreshold: -1].

And this work fine.

>> Finally, when loading from within topaz, you should always use GsDeployer class>>bulkMigrate::
>>

> I load this in any case

After i reload:

>> GsDeployer bulkMigrate: [
>>   Metacello new
>>       baseline: 'SIXX';
>>       repository: 'github://glassdb/SIXX:master/repository';
>>       load ].
>
> after when i do the code: 	SixxExamples example2

SixxExamples example2 	report the same error:

> 	the system answer :
>
> parseXml: xmlStringOrStream persistentRoot: persistentArrayOrNil
> 	| stream |
> 	stream := xmlStringOrStream isStream
> 				ifTrue: [xmlStringOrStream]
> 				ifFalse: [ReadStream on: xmlStringOrStream].
> 	^ (XMLDOMParser parseDocumentFrom: stream persistentRoot: persistentArrayOrNil) topElement
>
> Object _doesNotUnderstand:   parseDocumentFrom: persistentRoot:

How i can solve this problematic?

I need to load a hold version of 'XML-Parser'   ?

Anyone works with SIXX support into Glass ?

I'm ready to deploy a glass seaside application but this problematic stop me at the end of the road.

I load SIXX support at the end of 2014, and worked fine.

Now in a new stone i found this error.

Considerations ?

	Thanks,

		Dario