[Glass] Internationalization Gettext with Seaside

stephan via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Mar 20 12:45:37 PDT 2015

We are pretty happy with the support we have in
QCMagritte. At the time we looked at it, we
found the tool support for getText not much
better than that achievable with Excel.
I know Johan uses getText. GetText is a standard
that external translators know. With QCMagritte
we just build a web application for them to log in to.
It should be pretty easy to extract the i18n parts
for your application.

QCMagritte provides a visitor that walks your magritte descriptions
and knows properties that might need translation.
With those (and any extra terms you add directly) it builds up a
dictionary of terms to translate. It provides a web UI where the
translations can be entered and supports loading from and
saving to utf8 csv. When generating the seaside components,
it supports chaining multiple visitors to separate concerns
(translation, bootstrap layout, access control).
In a system with users, it allows a user to set her preferred
language to be used in the application.
Unavailable translations just show the translation key.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTut44Xs3_U

To try download a QCMagritte image from
         https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/QCMagritte/

start a seaside adapter