[Glass] GsUpgrader-Core-dkh.72 release

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon Mar 23 22:34:00 PDT 2015

This new version includes a bugfix for Issue #14[1] GsDevKit/GsDevKit#60
patch should be included in GsUpgrader.

Starting on Sunday I started to hit "hung" network connections[2] when
downloading from certain sites (ss3, gemsource, github). The issues
appear to be introduced by the route of the request, but I have not been
able to quite characterize the underling issue that caused these "hangs"
... but in the process I did determine that I could use shorter timeouts
and should automatically retry the GET requests ... these two measures
"eliminated" most if not all of the "hangs", so I decided to include a
patch in GsUpgrader, since the downloads initiated by GsUpgrader itself
seemed to be the "hardest hit" ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsUpgrader/issues/14
[2] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit/issues/60