[Glass] ssh -c arcfour, blowfish-cbc -XC ... USE THIS FOR REMOTE GEMTOOLS:)

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Mar 25 10:35:21 PDT 2015

I just tried out Mariano's suggestion to use compression and X11
forwarding for GemTools and the performance is Very Good for me ... I'm
forwarding from my laptop over the WAN to my desktop system in the
office and then forwarding from there to a vm running on the desktop
system and the performance is just a bit slower than what I see when
running X11 forwarding from my desktop system to the vm ...

Things are a bit snappier if I use port forwarding, but the advantage of
XLL forwarding is that you don't have to install GemTools on the remote
system...

I will be updating my docs for the soon to be released gsDevKitHome
1.0.0 ...