[Glass] Should I be worried about symbols lookup performance?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Mar 31 15:11:57 PDT 2015

Hi guys,

I must admit I find strange to have Symbol GC disabled by default
(STN_SYMBOL_GC_ENABLED: false). Even more when the user guide says: "If
enabled, symbol garbage collection *is performed automatically* in the
background *and requires no management* "

In addition, in Pharo, SymbolTable is weak, therefore we assume it will
automatically be GCe.

So...is there any reason I am not seeing why this is disabled by default?

Thanks,