[Glass] Implications of #removeAllSourceButFirstComment [WAS] Re: data encryption

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon May 11 09:33:25 PDT 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 4:53 PM, James Foster <
james.foster at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> > On Feb 19, 2015, at 11:40 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass <
> glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com> wrote:
> >
> > Anyway...what I would really like is a way to obfuscate a repository (I
> don't want my client to have access to my app code) in the case I must
> deploy my app in client's server. Is this possible?
>
> See GsNMethod>>#’removeAllSourceButFirstComment’
>
> James

Hi,

I want to know the implications of #removeAllSourceButFirstComment.
This would solve showing code when browsing, file out, getSource blah blah
blah. My questions are...

1) for logs (when there is an error in the seaside gems and the stack is
written to log file) this should not be a problem, right?
2) what happen if I do a "Remote Debug" on GemTools and all my stuff was
done with a #removeAllSourceButFirstComment? I guess I cannot open a
debugger at all right?
3) are there any possibility after #removeAllSourceButFirstComment that
instead of the selector + first comment, it displays me instead the
"decompiled version" of the compiled method?  Because if this is the case,
then they could get quite an approximate to the original source.

Thanks in advance,