[Glass] Implications of #removeAllSourceButFirstComment [WAS] Re: data encryption

Richard Sargent via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Mon May 11 13:11:37 PDT 2015

Mariano,

Regarding "I don't want my client to have access to my app code," why not?

My first thought was that if you were afraid of your customer stealing your
code, you probably don't want him as a customer anyway. :-) Obviously, there
is more to it than that.

Given the recent popularity of open source everything, is it really worth
the trouble to have a closed source system? This is especially so in
Smalltalk which has always included the source, with very few exceptions.