[Glass] #1 Status of appliance #2 Will you be at ESUG 2015 in Italy?

James Foster via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue May 19 20:50:40 PDT 2015

Hi Frank,

Yes, GemTalk will be represented at ESUG in Italy (let me know your schedule and we can arrange some time to visit about technical and business issues). So I can get a better idea of your situation, what platform(s) do you have available. If you have a Mac available, then one approach is the GemStone.app that takes care of all the install and configuration steps (see https://programminggems.wordpress.com/2013/09/25/gemstone-on-the-macintosh/).

If you want a virtual machine, are you running it on a Mac, Windows, or a Linux system? Do you have access to a Mac and/or Windows machine?

I understand that you want to get to know GemStone (“a sophisticated and complex system”) without having to learn much about its installation and administration. What things would you like to learn? Do you want a traditional GUI IDE or would you be willing to learn the built-in command-line interface?

James