[Glass] GLASS appliance (VMWare virtual machine) still available?

James Foster via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue May 19 21:41:16 PDT 2015

Hi Frank,

My suggestions:

1) GemStone:
Download the virtual appliance at http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/jade/glass.zip, unzip, and start it up.
Log in using ‘glass’ as the user and password.
From the command line enter 'ifconfig | grep inet’ (without the quotes) to find out your virtual host’s IP address.
From the command line enter ‘gslist -cvl’ (without the quotes) to confirm that you have a Stone, Cache, and NetLDI running on the virtual server.

2) Jade:
Download Jade from https://github.com/jgfoster/Jade/raw/master/runtime/Jade.zip, unzip it on your Windows 7 machine, and launch Jade.exe.
Select the GemStone/Smalltalk version to match that listed in the gslist command above (I believe it will be 3.1.0.x).
Enter the Host Name or IP address for the virtual server.
Enter the NetLDI service port number (it should be 50377).
Enter the Stone Name from the gslist command above.
Use ‘DataCurator’ and ‘swordfish’ as the user ID and password.
Enter your name (without spaces) as the Monticello User Name.
Click Login.

At this point you can explore the system from Windows.

I don’t expect everything to go perfectly, but I’ll be interested in finding out what problems you encounter so that we can improve the process.

James