[Glass] Can't find Dale's seaside component for exploring Object Log

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri May 29 16:49:32 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Sebastian Heidbrink <
sebastian_heidbrink at yahoo.de> wrote:

>  Hi again,
>
> the only other thing I know is:
>
> http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/ss3/Seaside-GemStone-Tools-Production-PaulDeBruicker.10.mcz
>
> It should include the WAObjectLog....

Thanks Sebastian. That looks VERY SIMILAR to the tool I saw from Dale. So
... definitively, one based the work in the other :) Not sure who on who
hahaha. I just tried it in 3.1.0.6 and seems to work correct. DAle, I also
remember using your tool and it also worked for me and I have never worked
with gemstone older than 3.0 ...

BTW...let me ask something... In my seaside app, I have the remote debug
error handler. So if I have an exception that is not cached anyway, I get
to the nice seaside walkback with the typical buttons to remote debug, full
stack etc. The problem I am having now is if the error happens as part of
an ajax callback. In my case, I have an ajax error handler (pasted below).
I get the browser popup saying "the program just broke" and everything. But
I don't know how I can get the full stack of the error. Imagine the final
user using the app. He receives such a popup. Now, me, as developer, how
can I see the stacktrace of that error? My gemstone logs show nothing. The
user has no way to click or copy paste the stack to send it to me.

Thanks in advance (this was the original purpose of why I wanted to explore
the object log).

ajaxErrorHandler
        ^ ' if (jqxhr.status == 403) {
            alert("For security reasons we sign people out during periods
of inactivity. Please sign in again.");
            window.location.href =
settings.url.split("?")[0].replace("help","");
        } else {

// This is on purpose because sometimes with TinyMCE we would get status 0
and empty error...when there was no error
// The reason is explained in:
http://bartwullems.blogspot.com.ar/2012/02/ajax-request-returns-status-0.html
if (jqxhr.readyState == 0 || jqxhr.status == 0) {
    return; //Skip this error
 };

// Lets write to console all error info possbile
  var requestResponse = {
    url: settings.url,
    method: settings.type,
    data: settings.data,
    httpStatus: jqxhr.status,
    error: exception || jqxhr.statusText,
    data: settings.data
  };

console.error(requestResponse);

            alert("This program just broke. You can either try again, sign
out and sign in and try again, or contact us about error: " + exception);

        }'

Sebastian