[Glass] Early access update: PR #13

Jon Paynter via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Nov 4 13:49:49 PST 2015

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Dale Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> Pull when I post ... I do my development on separate branches for both
> GsDevKit_home and tODE and I send out the email within an hour or merging
> the changes for _home and tode into their respective master branches ... so
> nothing (that you should use) is available unless you see a post ...
>
> Willdo.  hopefully I havent made a hash of things by trying to pull daily.

>  `mc list routeevent` will bring up a browser on the packages in the image
> whose name matches the given pattern and there are 'delete' and 'unload'
> menu items available (that perform the `mc` command for you) ...
>
> I removed the 2 packages BaselineOfRouteEvent and RouteEvent-Core using
'unload' from the tode shell

> This looks like the " a STONReaderError occurred (error 2710), Cannot
> resolve class named #'TDObjectGatewayLeafNode" error that I mentioned in
> the EA pull request #15[1] and I would like you to try running the
> following bash shell command:
>
>   $GS_HOME/bin/patches/patchIssue15 <stone-name>

That completed without (visible) errors, but I did notice this while it was
running

Loaded -> Tode-GemStone-Server-Base-dkh.1 ---
filetree:///home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/tode/repository
[e2fccee:master] --- cache

*Warning: You are about to load new versions of the following packages that
have unsaved changes in the image.  If you continue, you will lose these
changes.  Tode-GemStone-Server-Core*
Loaded -> Tode-GemStone-Server-Core-dkh.191 ---
filetree:///home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/tode/repository
[e2fccee:master] --- cache

Since I did not intentionally make changes to that package, I assume its ok
to overwrite the changes.

After restarting my tode client, project list works again.

But when I re-run  "project new --class RouteEvent"  I get an error
 Could not create directory: errno=17,EEXIST, The file already exists :
$GS_HOME/shared/repos/RouteEvent/repository
1. UserDefinedError(AbstractException)>>_signalWith: @5 line 25
2. UserDefinedError(AbstractException)>>signal @2 line 47
3. ServerFileDirectory(Object)>>error: @6 line 7
4. ServerFileDirectory(FileDirectory)>>createDirectory: @9 line 10
5.
TDMetacelloTool>>projectNew:projectEntryPath:packageName:gitRootPath:requiredProjects:dependencies:repositories:superclassName:applicationClassCreationBlock:
@7 line 5
6.
TDMetacelloTool>>projectNew:projectEntryPath:packageName:gitRootPath:superclassName:applicationClassCreationBlock:
@2 line 3
7.
TDMetacelloTool>>projectNew:projectEntryPath:packageName:gitRootPath:applicationClassCreationBlock:
@2 line 3
8. TDMetacelloTool>>projectnew @10 line 42
9. TDMetacelloTool class(TDAbstractDevTool
class)>>performSubCommand:objIn:commandOptions:todeCommand: @23 line 22
10. [] in TDMetacelloTool class>>project @2 line 5
11. TDMetacelloTool class(ExecBlock)>>cull:cull:cull:cull: @7 line 4
12. TDTopezServer>>evaluateCommand:objIn: @18 line 22
13. TDTopezServer>>evaluateSTONCommand: @9 line 6
14. Executed Code
15. GsNMethod class>>_gsReturnToC @1 line 1

so I remove the folder
rm -Rf GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/RouteEvent

Then re-run the project new cmd.
and now the same walkback re-occurrs:
a UserDefinedError occurred (error 2318), reason:halt, No #baseline pragma
found

1. UserDefinedError(AbstractException)>>_signalWith: @5 line 25
2. UserDefinedError(AbstractException)>>signal @2 line 47
3. MetacelloBaselineConstructor(Object)>>error: @6 line 7
4. MetacelloBaselineConstructor>>extractBaselinePragmaFor: @6 line 5
5. MetacelloBaselineConstructor>>calculate:project: @4 line 4
6. MetacelloBaselineConstructor>>on:project: @2 line 2
7. MetacelloBaselineConstructor class>>on:project: @3 line 3
8. BaselineOfRouteEvent(ConfigurationOf)>>project @14 line 8
9. BaselineOfRouteEvent class(ConfigurationOf class)>>project @3 line 3
10. MetacelloToolBox>>baselineNamed: @14 line 18
11. MetacelloToolBox class>>baselineNamed: @3 line 3
12.
TDMetacelloTool>>createBaselineOf:requiredProjects:dependencies:repositories:withPackageNamed:
@2 line 3
13.
TDMetacelloTool>>projectNew:projectEntryPath:packageName:gitRootPath:requiredProjects:dependencies:repositories:superclassName:applicationClassCreationBlock:
@36 line 24
14.
TDMetacelloTool>>projectNew:projectEntryPath:packageName:gitRootPath:superclassName:applicationClassCreationBlock:
@2 line 3
15.
TDMetacelloTool>>projectNew:projectEntryPath:packageName:gitRootPath:applicationClassCreationBlock:
@2 line 3
16. TDMetacelloTool>>projectnew @10 line 42
17. TDMetacelloTool class(TDAbstractDevTool
class)>>performSubCommand:objIn:commandOptions:todeCommand: @23 line 22
18. [] in TDMetacelloTool class>>project @2 line 5
19. TDMetacelloTool class(ExecBlock)>>cull:cull:cull:cull: @7 line 4
20. TDTopezServer>>evaluateCommand:objIn: @18 line 22
21. TDTopezServer>>evaluateSTONCommand: @9 line 6
22. Executed Code
23. GsNMethod class>>_gsReturnToC @1 line 1

A little poking around in the code for each stack frame leaves me
scratching my head.
In the method
TDMetacelloTool>>createBaselineOf:requiredProjects:dependencies:repositories:withPackageNamed:

I see this:
  | toolBox |
  (toolBox := MetacelloToolBox baselineNamed: projectName)
    createBaselineOfMethod: 'baseline:' inCategory: 'baseline';
    addBaselineOfSection: #'common'
.....<snip>....

Where "MetacelloToolBox baselineNamed: projectName"  is failing to because
the baseline is missing, but it looks like the very next thing it does is
to create the baseline method that is missing.

So I suspect my stone is missing parts of the PR#13 update

Also of note - when I refresh my project list the new project shows up.
but after I click on the project, the project list, anything else I do
gives the same walkback message:   "a UserDefinedError occurred (error
2318), reason:halt, No #baseline pragma found"

Closing and re-opening the project list also gives the same error
So I removed the BaselineOfRouteEvent class, and unloaded the 2 packages,
and the project list works again, but the RouteEvent project is still
listed -- I expected it to be gone.  If I right-click on the RouteEvent
project and pick project->unregister.  it doesnt appear to do anything.

So I remove $GS_HOME/shared/repos/RouteEvent and
$GS_HOME/sys/local/server/projects/RouteEvent.ston from the server, and the
project is finally gone

next, I tried creating a new project with a different name:
    project new --class RouteEvent1

and I get the same walkback as above