[Glass] Mixing Unicode and String instances in Indexes [WAS] Re: Further commits have been disabled for this session because: 'CorruptObj error'. This session must logout.

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Nov 4 16:00:18 PST 2015

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 8:49 PM, Dale Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> On 11/04/2015 11:02 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
>> Hi Dale,
>>
>> Thanks for all the answers and explanations. Hopefully this was worth.
>>
>> If you open an internal bug please simply let me know the internal bug
>> number since I am keeping a list of the issues I found (with their state).
>>
>> bug 45812 covers this report ... as I said before I'm still not sure that
> I can get rid of the corrutp obj error, but I am pretty that I can improve
> the error message produced by the IndexingErrorPreventingCommit error (a
> IndexingErrorPreventingCommit occurred (error 2726), errors during index
> maintenance; commit will be disallowed) by including the root error in the
> error message ...

Great. Thanks for letting me know.

> This was definitely worth it ...

BTW, sometimes we take things for granted without realizing it...did you
see how difficult it was for me to reproduce the problem with
gsDevKit_home? With 3 lines of code I was able to get a fresh 3.1.0.6
stone, create indexes,  upgrade it to 3.2.9, and then reproduce the bug.
Honestly, without gsDevKit_home I would have not tried to reproduce this as
the effort would have been huge.

Best,