[Glass] RefactoringBrowser (RB) failing to correctly bind "self" in closures?

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Nov 20 11:41:10 PST 2015

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass <

> On 11/19/2015 12:17 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I have some code that uses RB and such code works correctly in Pharo but
>> it fails in GemStone.
>>

> The full RB code base hasn't been ported to GemStone ... IIRC there were
> several hundred(?) failing tests the last time I checked ... The part of RB
> that works is the formatter ....
>
> The main issue is that the reflection api is completely different and so I
> would assume that if the RB code is reasonably structured with relation to
> assumptions about the reflection api, it shouldn't be too big a job to get
> things passing ... I haven't had the time to look into the issues in any
> great detail ...

Ouch.... since I saw the RB was loaded in GemStone I thought the core
package was indeed working.
Ufffff I wrote quite a lot of code that relies on this which works
correctly in Pharo.
grrrrr I must get this to work, at least this subpart.

Any pointers in differences binding "self" in closures from GemStone 3.2.x
and Pharo?  I don't know even where to start...

Thanks,