[Glass] Is anyone using upstart to launch stones via tODE?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Nov 24 09:43:33 PST 2015

Sorry I can't help with upstart, but if you are interested in sharing
your work, I will create a GsDevKit/GsDevKit_upstart project where the
scripts/templates can be shared ...

I'm interested in isolating the scripts/templates for
upstart/monit/daemontools/nginx/etc. because my sense is that there is
utility to being able to manage the production scripts under git and the
model would be that the master branch would have the standard scripts
and templates and then for production a branch would be used to manage
the production changes ...

By having separate git repositories for each of the subsystems, then a
developer can mix and match the subsystems being used and (perhaps more
importantly) to be able pick and choose which subsystems get updated and
which ones to leave as is ....

For ss3, I make changes to the "template" files in-place in a git
repository and then use symbolic links to hook up the "templates" with
the actual system locations for lighttpd, monit and daemonetools .... I
don't know if this practice (symbolic liinks) makes sense for other
systems like upstart, but it is comforting to know that if I mess up
some script edits, I can restore the scripts to their previous state
with a simple `git checkout` ...

Dale