[Glass] Cannot login to topaz with native code enabled in OSX

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Oct 9 11:20:01 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Dale Henrichs <
dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com> wrote:

> Well, the limitation _is_ mentioned in the SysAdminGuide for 3.2[1]:
>
> Under some configurations on x86, in particular with Darwin, the 32-bit
>> offset limit my be exceeded in some cases with a very large temporary
>> object cache. If this occurs, native code is disabled.
>>

> I agree this isn't necessarily an obvious place to look for this
> information ... I've passed your comment along...good point.

Ups...sorry I was reading the installation guide. Ok...

mmmm the above comment looks like if GemStone would simply disable native
code and continue with the interpreted way. If this is true, shouldn't the
topaz login continue and finish successfully ?

No big deal anyway.