[Glass] XMLSupport project entry in gsDevKit / tODE is wrong I think

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 14 08:23:48 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have a fresh extent in which I loaded gsDevKit and tODE. If I do 'project
list' in tODE one of the projects I get is XMLSupport. If I click on
"browse project entry" I shows me this:

^ TDProjectSpecEntryDefinition new
    configuration: 'XMLSupport'
      version: #'1.2.2.1'
      repository: 'http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/MetacelloRepository'
      loads: #('Core');
    status: #(#'inactive');
    locked: true;
    yourself

I think the version specification is incorrect since the fact of using a
symbol for the version (#'1.2.2.1') rather than a plain string, confuses
Metacello and thinks that such a version is a symbolic version, rather than
a normal one. And then you have strange error messages for example.

What I had to do is to edit the project entry, so that to set '1.2.2.1'
 but then I kept having same problems. So then I did a "unregister" and
that SEEMS to have worked.

Does it make sense?