[Glass] XMLSupport project entry in gsDevKit / tODE is wrong I think

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 14 09:57:59 PDT 2015

On 10/14/2015 08:23 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a fresh extent in which I loaded gsDevKit and tODE. If I do
> 'project list' in tODE one of the projects I get is XMLSupport. If I
> click on "browse project entry" I shows me this:
>
> ^ TDProjectSpecEntryDefinition new
>     configuration: 'XMLSupport'
>       version: #'1.2.2.1'
>       repository:
> 'http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/ss/MetacelloRepository'
>       loads: #('Core');
>     status: #(#'inactive');
>     locked: true;
>     yourself
>
> I think the version specification is incorrect since the fact of using
> a symbol for the version (#'1.2.2.1') rather than a plain string,
> confuses Metacello and thinks that such a version is a symbolic
> version, rather than a normal one. And then you have strange error
> messages for example.
Yes this is wrong on disk ... and I've just fixed it in gsDevKitHome[1].

[1]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/commit/181fd8b3d536d355ed96d4aafb167783feab91ef

> What I had to do is to edit the project entry, so that to set
> '1.2.2.1'  but then I kept having same problems. So then I did a
> "unregister" and that SEEMS to have worked.
>
> Does it make sense?
Yeah, right now if you have a lock project entry and changed the disk
copy, the locked, in-image registration is used ... this is the same bug
that I referred to the other day ...

I plan to address this one shortly ...