[Glass] GsDevKit_home Early Access updates

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Oct 16 16:14:21 PDT 2015

If you are using the Early Access, I've made a couple of changes today
that will make updating a bit more straightforward, plus an essential
tODE bugfix ... if you've started using GsDevKit_home, then now is a
good time to use the updateGsDevKit bash script:

   $GS_HOME/bin/updateGsDevKit -g -t

This command updates
   - the GsDevKit_* projects
   - the $GS_HOME/shared/tode git repository
   - the command line pharo image
   - the todeClient pharo images (if present)

You should also update any tODE stones that you've created using the
`$GS_HOME/bin/todeUpdate` bash script. I've fixed a bug in the tODE
`project list` command that will be exposed after you run the
`updateGsDevKit` script.

After you update, a third option (-i) is added to the `updateGsDevKit`
script which controls whether or not the pharo images are updated ....

Moving forward when I announce that updates are available I'll simply
include the updateGsDevKit shell command that you should run and I'll
include the `-i` option if the pharo images need to be rebuilts. For
example, todays update does not contina anything that effects the pharo
images, so they do not need to be rebuilt.

Finally, if you have started using the Early Access, please drop me a
line so that I know how much usage there is ... if it's a small group I
may just send private email to those folks using the Early Access with
update information rather than bother the list ...

As always let me know if you have questions or problems,