[Glass] gsDevKit / tode first time setup

Jon Paynter via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sun Oct 18 17:41:48 PDT 2015

... a reply on a sunday -- impressive!

so the instructions say I need to install the server first.
I have an ubuntu 12.04 I am using.  After making a new clone of
GsDevKit_home I run the install script:
gemstone at ubuntu:~$ $GS_HOME/bin/installServer 3.2.9 seaside
=================
   GsDevKit script: installServer 3.2.9 seaside
              path: /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/installServer
=================
=================
   GsDevKit script: downloadGemStone seaside
              path: /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/downloadGemStone
=================
Installing GemStone/S seaside
[Info] Starting installation of GemStone64Bitseaside-x86_64.Linux on ubuntu
Skip operating system configuration steps, system already setup
(/home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/.gsdevkitSysSetup exists)
[Info] Downloading GemStone64Bitseaside-x86_64.Linux.zip using /usr/bin/wget
--2015-10-19 00:33:44--
http://ftp.gemtalksystems.com/pub/GemStone64/seaside/GemStone64Bitseaside-x86_64.Linux.zip
Resolving ftp.gemtalksystems.com (ftp.gemtalksystems.com)... 54.213.115.236
Connecting to ftp.gemtalksystems.com
(ftp.gemtalksystems.com)|54.213.115.236|:80...
connected.
2015-10-19 00:33:45 ERROR 404: Not Found.

after a little poking around on ftp.gemtalksystems.com, it seems the
download path is wrong:
ftp.gemtalksystems.com/pub/GemStone64/seaside  <--  'seaside' folder doesnt
exist

Let me know where to go next

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Dale Henrichs via Glass <