[Glass] GsDevKit_home Early Access update

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Oct 20 19:57:59 PDT 2015

That looks like the "standard Pharo3.0 problem on the Mac" where you
occasionally get errors cracking open the zip file from the github
download ... retrying the load should eventually get you updated ...

The fix/workaround for the "standard Pharo3.0 crash during unzip" issue
is to to build from local git clones and I've set up GsDevKit_home to
use local clones in $GS_HOME/shared/repos ... since I've made that
change I haven't seen the crashes ...

Given that, I'm a bit surprised that your are getting FileTree from
github, but I'm guessing that you must have customized the
gsDevKitCommandLineLoad.st script or ???

I see that you are loading Metacello from
GsDevKit_home/shared/repos/metacello-work/repository, but I don't know
why you are loading FileTree from
github://dalehenrich/filetree:pharo3.0/repository ...

I'm assuming that $GS_HOME/shared/repos/pharo3.0/filetree exists (could
you check). So the next step is to run the following:

   $GS_HOME/bin/utils/gsDevKitEnvVars | grep FILETREE

Which will tell me which repos you should be using for FileTree ... and
then I guess we'll go from there ...

Dale