[Glass] tode / pharo errors

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 21 15:08:19 PDT 2015

On 10/21/2015 02:16 PM, Jon Paynter wrote:
> Ok. so I went down the wrong road here...
>
> If putting everything under GsDevKit_home is preferred, then i will
> use that (as I stated above, there is no old data that needs saving).
> I was under the (false) impression /op/gemstone and GsDevKit shared files.
>
> So to avoid future confusion, I removed /opt/gemstone from my VM, and
> re-ran the installServer from a fresh clone.  I also had to update my
> profile to remove references to /opt/gemstone
>
> The stone seems to be running according to the 'stones' command.
>
> next I need to start netldi with the correct port, so I stopped the
> stone, but I cannot get the stopNetldi to work:
> ...finished stopStone
> gemstone at ubuntu:~/GsDevKit_home$ stopNetldi seaside_ldi
okay you stop a netldi by using the name of the stone ... the stone
knows the name of the netldi that it is associated with (via the
TDSession).

You can use the -b option on the startStone and stopStone commands to
stop both the stone and the netldi ...
> =================
>    GsDevKit script: stopNetldi seaside_ldi
>               path: /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/stopNetldi
> stopping netldi seaside_ldi
> $GEMSTONE environment not set correctly
>

> It looks like I missed a step somewhere to set the $GEMSTONE var.
> what should it be set to?
I should have a better error here when the stone is not found .... that
may have helped you recognize ... I do recommend that you use the -h
option to review the commandline arguments and options for the various
commands ... I know that the GemStone stopnetldi command takes the name
of the netldi and can lead to confusion when you "know too much:)"