[Glass] tode / pharo errors

Jon Paynter via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Oct 21 14:16:20 PDT 2015

Ok. so I went down the wrong road here...

If putting everything under GsDevKit_home is preferred, then i will use
that (as I stated above, there is no old data that needs saving).  I was
under the (false) impression /op/gemstone and GsDevKit shared files.

So to avoid future confusion, I removed /opt/gemstone from my VM, and
re-ran the installServer from a fresh clone.  I also had to update my
profile to remove references to /opt/gemstone

The stone seems to be running according to the 'stones' command.

next I need to start netldi with the correct port, so I stopped the stone,
but I cannot get the stopNetldi to work:
...finished stopStone
gemstone at ubuntu:~/GsDevKit_home$ stopNetldi seaside_ldi
   GsDevKit script: stopNetldi seaside_ldi
              path: /home/gemstone/GsDevKit_home/bin/stopNetldi
stopping netldi seaside_ldi
$GEMSTONE environment not set correctly

It looks like I missed a step somewhere to set the $GEMSTONE var.  what
should it be set to?