[Glass] Magritte on Gemstone install instructions

Iwan Vosloo via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Sep 2 23:04:52 PDT 2015

On 02/09/2015 18:04, Dale Henrichs via Glass wrote:
> If you have information to contribute about installing and running
> Magritte with GemStone I would appreciate it if you would share that
> information on the GsDevKitHome project page[1] via pull request ...
> Note that that page is on the dev branch ...

Sure, as soon as I understand enough myself. I am a bit lost currently
between different repos and different flavours and installation
instructions :-)

Somehow I expect installation instructions for Magritte in terms of
Metacello/Gofer because our infrastructure and CI servers have been
built around those mechanisms. On the GsDevKitHome project page I see
shell scripts and environment variables and doing things from scratch...
which I will have to study for half a day before I know how to do the
same in our current infrastructure. (Right now my priority is Magritte
and making sure we give feedback re bugs and enhancements in the right
place, and about the correct Magritte code base.)

BTW, I'd love to play with tODE also... and somehow the quickest path
there would be for me to also install the client in a Pharo image (which
I already have) via Metacello.

So, those are the sort of instructions I am looking for...

Regards
- Iwan

--
Reahl, the Python only web framework: http://www.reahl.org