[Glass] Getting Started With GLASS

Ezequiel Tolnay via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Sep 9 02:59:18 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm stuck and failing to get GLASS working, and looking for any advice or
hints as to where to keep looking!

So far I've been able to:

   1. run Seaside locally on Pharo on my Mac by following the Boquitas
   example,
   2. been able to install the DevKit on my Mac and fire tODE following
   your guidelines on gitgub/gsDevKitHome, and
   3. install the latest Gemstone on my production Linux (Debian Wheezy)

But I haven't been able to either set-up Seaside on Gemstone, or even the
DevKit on production (headless hosted server). I also tried following the
GettingStartedWithGLASS guide on GLASS 101 and I got stuck while updating
GLASS, I suppose because the guide is quite old and is now incompatible?

I've run through the installation guide and the programming guide, and
managed so far to install Gemstone 2.4.8.1, run topaz, and the examples in
the programming guide. I'm currently reading through the Administration
guide to gain an understanding of the architecture.

I look forward to finally getting started with GLASS!

Cheers!

Ziggy

On 6 August 2015 at 10:21, Dale Henrichs via Glass <