[Glass] MAStringReader>>visitNumberDescription broken?

Iwan Vosloo via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Sep 9 03:05:10 PDT 2015

Hi Dale,

On 08/09/2015 21:48, Dale Henrichs via Glass wrote:
> Okay, then I need to dive into the Magritte implementation directly
> and try to figure things out from there ... I naively thought that the
> problem was the direct use of NumberParser in the code, instead of
> SqNumberParser - it would be relatively easy to change NumberParser to
> redirect instance creation to SqNumberParser, but It sounds like that
> isn't the source ofthe problem ...

AFAIK the implementation of NumberParser>>isNumber: should not call
parse:onError: on a hardcoded NumberParser, but rather on self. (This
regardless of platform.)

But then MAStringReader>>visitNumberDescription: should also rather call
isNumber: on SqNumberParser as you said above. (In the GemStone case.)

> BTW are Magritte tests failing on GemStone or is this an untested
> chunk of code?
There are a couple of failures if I run all tests on
MANumberDescriptionTest, including testFromString which fails exactly
because of this issue.

I have not tried to figure out how Mariano's posting is related to this.

Regards
- Iwan

--
Reahl, the Python only web framework: http://www.reahl.org