[Glass] Throw away all 32bit code from the installation code ...

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Thu Sep 10 09:59:39 PDT 2015

I was asking the question in the context of this comment:

On 09/10/2015 01:22 AM, itlists at schrievkrom.de via Glass wrote:
> Am 09.09.2015 um 02:14 schrieb Dale Henrichs:
>
>> When we worked at VMWare I was able to get both Pharo and GemStone to
>> function behind a proxy, so I know that it is possible ... Could you
>> share with me the information that you have about the proxy and I will
>> tell you the Smalltalk expressions that you should execute to get
>> GemStone and Pharo working from behind the proxy ...
> Well, its simple. I get a proxy address with a port - and all stuff must
> run via this proxy.

Okay then to turn on http proxying in your GemStone stone you would do
the following:

   HTTPSocket
     httpProxyServer: 'proxy address';
     httpProxyPort: port.
   System commitTransaction.

After executing those commands Gofer will use the http proxy for all
proxy requests .... There is a similar technique that can be applied in
a Pharo vm.

I opened the bug[1] because I would expect that gsDevKitHome could run
the above commands as part of the stone creation process based on the
settings of the http_proxy and https_proxy or ???.

In your environment are you using http_proxy and https_proxy?

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome/issues/85