[Glass] Can I use tODE in this context?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Sep 15 10:05:18 PDT 2015

> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 11:39 AM, Dale Henrichs
> <dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
> <mailto:dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 9/14/15 6:33 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> In GsDevKitHome issue tracker or is there a separate one for tODE?

Use the tODE issue tracker[1]

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/tode/issues

>     I'm going to guess that GS_HOME is not defined ... it needs to be
>     defined in the shell when you start your netldi run this tODE
>     shell command :
>
>       eval `{System clientEnvironmentVariable: 'GS_HOME'. System
>     gemEnvironmentVariable: 'GS_HOME'}`; edit
>

> mmmm i get this:
>

> tode 1 >   eval `{System clientEnvironmentVariable: 'GS_HOME'. System
> gemEnvironmentVariable: 'GS_HOME'}`; edit
> [82042625 sz:1 Array] anArray( anArray( '/Users/mariano/gsDevKitHome',
> nil))
> tode 1 > script --script=setUpSys
> Topez ERROR: a TodeCommandError occurred (error 121000), File or
> directory not found: '$GS_HOME/tode/sys/default'
>
> mmm why it cannot get the variable...mmm I must run now...will be back
> later

Okay ... GS_HOME is defined in your client (the pharo client) and not
defined in the gem (this the error) ... the environment variables for a
gem are inherited from the netldi process (netldi forks the gems) and
the netldi inherits the envirnment variables from the shell in which it
was started ... presumably you started the netldi long before GS_HOME
was defined ...