[Glass] Can I use tODE in this context?

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Sep 15 10:28:56 PDT 2015

On 09/15/2015 10:05 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> On 09/15/2015 08:10 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

>>     I'm going to guess that GS_HOME is not defined ... it needs to be
>>     defined in the shell when you start your netldi run this tODE
>>     shell command :
>>
>>       eval `{System clientEnvironmentVariable: 'GS_HOME'. System
>>     gemEnvironmentVariable: 'GS_HOME'}`; edit
>>

>> mmmm i get this:
>>

>> tode 1 >   eval `{System clientEnvironmentVariable: 'GS_HOME'. System
>> gemEnvironmentVariable: 'GS_HOME'}`; edit
>> [82042625 sz:1 Array] anArray( anArray(
>> '/Users/mariano/gsDevKitHome', nil))
>> tode 1 > script --script=setUpSys
>> Topez ERROR: a TodeCommandError occurred (error 121000), File or
>> directory not found: '$GS_HOME/tode/sys/default'
>>
>> mmm why it cannot get the variable...mmm I must run now...will be
>> back later
>>

> Okay ... GS_HOME is defined in your client (the pharo client) and not
> defined in the gem (this the error) ... the environment variables for
> a gem are inherited from the netldi process (netldi forks the gems)
> and the netldi inherits the envirnment variables from the shell in
> which it was started ... presumably you started the netldi long before
> GS_HOME was defined ...

we can get around the use of GS_HOME if you don't want to restart the
netldi ... to debug a TodeCommandError use the built-in tODE shell
command `debugMode --set` ... then when you get a TodeCommandError a
debugger will come up instead of the simple error message - that way we
can get more detail on where $GS_HOME is being used ...