[Glass] Depecrated method in GS

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Sep 16 11:00:53 PDT 2015

Bruno,

That's a good question. Take a look at the programmers guide for out
explanation for dealing with deprecated methods[1].

While we take care to not use deprecated methods in our product code, we
do not like to break customer applications so we have yet to actually
remove the deprecated methods from the system, sooner or later we will
go through that process so it is worth making a sweep.

Since GLASS/GsDevKit runs across multiple versions of GemStone, I have
leveraged the use of deprecated methods in the code base and have not
made a sweep, because the work of using the new method is nowhere near
the cost of the repackaging needed to continue using the methods in
older versions:)

Dale

[1]
https://downloads.gemtalksystems.com/docs/GemStone64/3.2.x/GS64-ProgGuide-3.2/15-ClassProtocol.htm#pgfId-57346