[Glass] GemTools 1.0-beta.8.7.1-32x not working with GS 3.2.8.1

Alejandro Zuzek via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sat Sep 19 13:32:06 PDT 2015

Hi Dale,

I am using GemTools 1.0-beta.8.7.1-32x on Windows, however it does not seem
to work with GS 3.2.8.1 (it may have worked with previous 3.2.* versions,
but I wouldn't be able to tell since I made the leap from GS 3.1.0.4 to GS
3.2.8.1).

Since I run my GemTools on Windows, I downloaded
GemBuilderC3.2.9-x86.Windows_NT and copied libgcirpc-3.2.9-64.dll to the
Contents/Resources/ folder of my GemTools installation. I tried by renaming
this dll to libgcirpc-3.2.8.1-64.dll and gciForWindows.dll. Neither worked.
The first option would give me the same error as with the original lib
(Requested version level 3020, this server is at level 3022), but the second
option option gets me to GciLibrary>>externalCallFailed. The second option
is the closest I could get to your suggestion for Linux to point the
gciForLinux.so to libgcirpc-3.3.0-32.so.

In the Contents/Resources/ folder as it was created by unzipping the
GemTools one click file, gciForWindows.dll and libgcirpc-3.2.8.1-64.dll are
two separate files with different sizes, so I was not surprised when I got
the externalCallFailed error after overwriting gciForWindows.dll with
libgciprpc-3.2.9-64.dll. It seems to me that the version level is set by
gciForWindows.dll, but I can't get hold of a version of it that would be
more current than the one that came with GemTools 1.0-beta.8.7.1-32x. There
is a newer version of libgciprpc in GemBuilderC3.2.9-x86.Windows_NT, but no
gciForWindows.dll in that package.

Thanks,

Alejandro