[Glass] Newbie on GLASS - Hello world fail

Jupiter Jones via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Sun Sep 20 21:52:06 PDT 2015

> 1- after installing via "./installServer devKit 3.2.8.1" netLDI listens in
> different random ports each time it starts. How do I get it to listen on the
> one in the default gs64ldi port 50377 always instead?
>
> In /etc/services file add the following line:
> gs64ldi         50377/tcp        # Gemstone netldi

To have the devKit_ldi netldi process use the same port each time, also add to /etc/services:

devKit_ldi	50378/tcp		# DevKit GemStone Network Long Distance Information (LDI)

I typically don’t need to add this entry in development - ie. dev and stone on the same machine. The only time I add this entry is when I want my local tODE to connect to a remote stone. I add the stoneName_ldi to both the local and remote /etc/services to ensure they both lookup the same port number

cheers