[Glass] Error installing gsDevKit on Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS Desktop

Mariano Martinez Peck via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Tue Sep 29 05:35:08 PDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Alejandro Zuzek via Glass <

> Hi Dale,
>
> I ran this script:
>
> installServer devKit 3.2.1
>
> I am not sure which branch of gsDevKit I am running, but these are the
> command I run to download the project:
>
> git clone https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome.git
> cd gsDevKitHome
> git checkout -b  <your project branch name>
>
> I don't have the full output available at the moment, but there were no
> errors reported before the Pharo error mentioned in my initial post. Would
> you need the full output? If so, should I at least remove everything
> related to Pharo before re-running it (VM, Sources and Image)?

Two little comments (take them as from me, not from Dale). First, this
script and probably many others (like the old gemstone installation script)
are mostly "safe" in the sense of being able to be run multiple times. The
scripts check in every step of the existing of certain files or settings in
order to realize if such a step is needed or has already been run.  As for
example of the Pharo download, if you check the script it does indeed
checks if /pharo exists. So if there is a chance the file was download but
broken, then yes, I would remove all it downloaded in order to make the
script think you didn't do that part and re run the script.

Thanks,