[Glass] GsDevKit submit 'testing'

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Wed Feb 10 11:02:20 PST 2016

On 02/10/2016 07:38 AM, Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass wrote:
> Ciao, thanks,
>
> i have some point ......
>
>> Ah, excellent! I've been waiting for this question:)
>>
>> I saw your issue[1] and I've just commented on the issue.
>>
>> https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit is an interesting beast, because
>> in the normal scenario you are actually using
>> https://github.com/glassdb/glass, a fork of
>> https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit. Eventually I will provide a
>> migration path, but for now all bugfixes should be made against
>> https://github.com/glassdb/glass.
>>
>> Step 1:
>>
>> Fork https://github.com/glassdb/glass, on github using the fork
>> button[2]. I see you already have a fork[3], so you don't need to
>> perform this step.
>>
>> Step 2:
>>
>> Clone your fork of glassdb/glass to your local development machine.
>>
>> If you are using GsDevKit_home, then you already have a local clone
>> in $GS_HOME/shared/repos/glass. If you are not using GsDevKit_home,
>> tell me more about your setup, so I can give you advice, but for
>> bugfixes it makes sense to go ahead and set up a little GsDevKit_home
>> installation to make the bugfix, then when it makes its way through
>> the process to the master branch, you can access the bufix.
>
> I install a Seaside server 3.2.12  based on GsDevKit_home ( i follow
> the [2] indications)
> The server works fine.
> The only first singularity is what WAWelcome application and relative
> class is not load in the system.
> Because ? The [1] browse it.
>
> How i can load it ( WAWelcome package )  from Tode?
Edit the Seaside3 project entry (Browse > project entry menu item in
project list and add 'Welcome' to the loads: argument:

^ TDProjectSpecEntryDefinition new
     baseline: 'Seaside3'
       repository: 'filetree://$GS_HOME/shared/repos/Seaside31/repository'
       loads: #('Zinc' 'Development' 'Examples' 'Welcome');
     installScript:
         '
       project clone --https --local Seaside3
       project install --local
--url=http://gsdevkit.github.io/GsDevKit_home/ZincHTTPComponents.ston
       project install --local
--url=http://gsdevkit.github.io/GsDevKit_home/GsApplicationTools.ston';
     gitCheckout: 'gs_master';
     status: #(#'inactive');
     locked: true;
     yourself

Save the project list, then run the following two tODE commands:

   project list
   project load Seaside3

>> For completeness I'll list the steps to perform clone a git repo (use
>> the git@ variant if you have already registered an SSH key
>> passphrase, otherwise use the https variant and you will be prompted
>> for your username and password):
>>
>>   cd $GS_HOME/shared/repos
>>   # git clone git at github.com:dariogithub/glass.git
>>   git clone https://github.com/dariogithub/glass.git
>
> But this clone overwrites:
I only included this "for completeness" ... above I mention that the
glass repo is already cloned ...
>>  If you are using GsDevKit_home, then you already have a local clone
>> in $GS_HOME/shared/repos/glass.
> It's correct ?
>
> When i do the command:  git clone https://github.com/dariogithub/glass.git
>
> the system answer: " the bath exist and it is not empty directory "
>
> What should I do?
No need to worry as you've already got the repo cloned ...

>> Step 3:
>>
>> The GsDevKit_home clone has the default remote ("origin") pointing at
>> "https://github.com/dariogithub/glass" and you need to create a
>> remote that points at your github repository by doing the following
>> (as with `git clone`, use the git@ variant if you have already
>> registered an SSH key passphrase, otherwise use the https variant and
>> you will be prompted for your username and password):
>>
>>   cd $GS_HOME/shared/repos/glass
>>   # git remote add dario git at github.com:dariogithub/glass.git
>>   git remote add dario https://github.com/dariogithub/glass.git
>>
>> I've used `dario` as the remote name, but you can use any name that
>> makes sense to you. The following command lists the remote names that
>> you've defined for a repo:
>>
>>   git remote
>>
>> Step 4:
>>
>> Now that you've got your git remote defined, you want to make sure
>> that you've got the latest code in your local clone ... I see that
>> your github fork is a bit out of date (3 commits behind) so I will
>> include the steps to get the latest code from glassdb/glass and
>> synchronize with dariogithub/glass ... steps that you should always
>> perform:
>>
>>   cd $GS_HOME/shared/repos/glass
>>   git checkout master
>>   git pull origin master
>>   git push dario master
>
>> Step 5:
>>
>> Before you start work on the bugfix, you should create a topic branch
>> off of the master branch for your work, this isolates the changes
>> that you are making for the bugfix from any other work you may have done:
>>
>>   cd $GS_HOME/shared/repos/glass
>>   git checkout master
>>   git checkout -b issue_88
>>
>> For bugfixes I always use the pattern `issue_<bug-number>` in naming
>> the branch so that there is no confusion about why the branch was
>> created.
>
> But how i can define the bug-number to use ?
Good question ... it's a good idea to submit an issue on github, so that
the details of the problem can be discussed ... For example, you
recently submitted this Issue #88[1], so you would name the branch issue_88.

If you don't have an issue number of bug number to use, you can choose a
meaningful branch name for your work and that will be fine ...

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit/issues/88