[Glass] new release of GsDevKit_home

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Feb 12 14:27:37 PST 2016

I've just released a new version of GsDevKit_home. To update to the new
release run the following

   #update the GsDevKit_home components and devKitCommandLine image
   $GS_HOME/bin/updateGsDevKit -gi

I strongly encourage you to read the Release Notes for this release[1]
as there are a handful of new features and a number of bugfixes.

The arguments and functionality has changed for several of the scripts
(installClient, installServer, installServerClient, installOsPrereqs,
setupGsDevKit, and downloadGemStone) and if you use these scripts
directly you should understand the changes.

Probably the biggest change that is worth calling out here is that the
installOsPrereqs script is called from installClient, installServer and
installServerClient to make sure that the prerqs are installed before
starting to use the system. If you want to arrange to do your own
installation prior to running one of the install scripts, then look at
these comments[2] for a way to bypass the osprereqs install.

Finally, since I mentioned it an earlier message[3], this release
includes a mcz cache that is used while upgradeGLASS is run and makes
the createStone step a bit faster and much less susceptible to network
errors.

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/pull/58
[2]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/dev/bin/utils/installOsPrereqs#L129-L132