[Glass] Installation is driving me mad ...

Dale Henrichs via Glass glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com
Fri Jan 15 13:11:00 PST 2016

Hmmm ... do you think that you can resolve the gnutls problem in your
production server?

If not ... the whole structure of GsDevKit_home is based on directories
and files, so it is possible to do the GsDevKit_home `installServer` on
a development system, then zip up the directory structure and unzip on
the production server and then run from there ...

You could also use rsync to update the directory structure on your
production server ... you'll be testing in a separate environment form
production anyway, so having a functioning git on your production
machine isn't absolutely necessary ...

Dale

On 1/15/16 12:41 PM, Marten Feldtmann wrote:

> Yes, I read about this problem with git and Ubuntu 14.04 ... and for
> the other questions I have to ask my sysadmin -> there was something
> with a firewall (which could also be the reason of the gnutls problems
> - mentioned in other threads) on this system.
>
> This system has no proxy ...
>
> Acually its our production server and I wanted to switch to
> gsdevkit_home ...
>
> The installation fails always on different points - I assume here the
> gnutls problem ... pretty sad.
>

> Marten
>

>> Dale Henrichs via Glass <glass at lists.gemtalksystems.com> hat am 15.
>> Januar 2016 um 20:36 geschrieben:
>>
>> This looks like a problem with ssh/git  on your system.
>>
>> According to Google, this problem appears to be an issue with the
>> setup of your system[1]...
>>
>> Following the links in that question leads to the following
>> information[2]:
>>
>>   > Got reason of the problem, it was gnutls package. It's working
>> weird behind a proxy.
>>
>> I seem to recall that you have asked questions in the past about
>> proxies --- are you doing this install behind a proxy?
>>
>> Also, I would like to have a bit more information about your system:
>>
>>   - what os are you running?
>>   - did you run the $GS_HOME/bin/utils/installPrereqs script?
>>   - did you follow the recommendation for installing ssh[3]?
>>   - if you did not follow the recommendation[3], how did you install ssh?
>>
>> Can you execute the following command at the bash command line:
>>
>>   git clone https://github.com/glassdb/PharoCompatibility.git
>>
>> I want the installation process for GsDevKit_home to be as smooth as
>> possible and I appreciate your help in smoothing out the (inevitable)
>> bumps in the road ...
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> [1]
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15665444/git-error-gnutls-handshake-failed-on-push
>> [2]
>> http://askubuntu.com/questions/186847/error-gnutls-handshake-failed-when-connecting-to-https-servers
>> [3]
>> https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/master/docs/osPrereqs/ubuntu14.04.md#install-ssh-recommended
>>
>> On 1/15/16 11:01 AM, Marten Feldtmann via Glass wrote:
>>>
>>> Now the installation is hanging on "Cloning into 'PharoCompatibility':
>>>

>>> fatal: unable to access
>>> 'https://github.com/glassdb/PharoCompatibility.git/':
>>> gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS packet with unexpected length was